Thursday, January 16, 2020

The Year of Cruisin'

What’s up everybody?


Around this time of year I usually make a list of all the places that I want to see within that year.  I decide not to do that this time around.  I’m not saying that making the list was a bad thing.  I actually like doing it, because it give me a chance to investigate new places and come up with new ideas.  In the past the list didn’t really workout too well for me.  With all that in mind I decide to dub this the “Year of Cruisin’”.  I have two reasons for doing this, which I will go through now.

My first reason is simple:  we are going to just let things flow.  I briefly mention above, that I made lists and that they didn’t tend to workout.  I don’t know about you but when I make lists I want to cross off everything that is on them.  I tend to focus on the list and when I don’t complete it I feel that I didn’t accomplish what I wanted to even though we accomplished a lot of other cool things.  Life can be unpredictable and all of our time is valuable, so instead of setting ourselves up for failure we are going to let things just happen.  Its more fun that way.

My second reason and the one that I’m going to focus on the most is that we are lucky enough to be able to go on two Caribbean cruises this year.  I know that sounds fairly excessive but what can you do when both sides of the family tell you thats what they want to do for our family trip.  I know what I did.  I held my head high, smiled, and said alright.

I am going to get this out of the way, because of these two trips I’m probably going to be talking a lot about cruising through out the coming months.  There’s your warning.  I’m sorry.

Recently I have been talking with a friend of mine about cruising.  He wanted my opinion on them because he thinks that it would be fun and he really wants to go on one.  The issue that he was facing was that he wasn’t sure if he could get his wife to go with him.  I can’t say with certainty why she wouldn’t want to go and I don’t want to put words into her mouth.  We’ll just say that she has some sort of issue with them.  Honestly, thats fair to say and I can understand having an issue with something that is unfamiliar.  

Unless you are like me and tend to watch a lot of travel shows than you probably only hear about cruises when something goes horribly wrong and its in the news.  I’m not say that things can’t go wrong, believe me there are plenty of things that could go wrong.  All I’m saying is that there is a low probability of something going wrong.  They take every possible precaution they can to prevent problems.  Most likely everything will go off without a hitch.

I’m going to give you the same spiel that I give whenever somebody asks me about cruising.  I really enjoy cruises and I think that they are fun.  Let me put it this way, for a relatively reasonable price you get to travel several places in a short amount of time.  When I travel one of my major stressors is to get to my destination as soon as I can so that I can maximize the amount of time that I have to visit said destination.  Cruising eliminates this stress.  After your day of play you board the boat, go to dinner, catch a show, do any other activity that is available, head to bed, wake up the next morning and find yourself in a new port ready for a new day of play.  Seems stress free to me.

Speaking of the food, your onboard meals are included.  There are some exceptions to that statement though.  Some cruise lines do have specialty restaurants that you do have to pay for.  They do tend to have your typical buffets that are open breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Some will even have pizza and hamburger joints but the main dining room is where the food really shines.  Every night you are treated to a three or four course meal.  The menu has several different options for you to choose from and they change every night.  You don’t want to get board, am I right.  I suggest getting out of your comfort zone and try something different than what you would typical order.  The one nice thing is if you don’t like it they will bring you something different.  In all honesty if you wanted to, you could order everything on the menu and the servers would be happy to bring it out to you.  No matter what you have you won’t be disappoint.

I could probably go on and on but I will save that for another installment.  I will say this.  I’m excited for this year and can’t wait to see what 2020 has in store for us.  We do have some fun adventures planned and in the books but I’m looking more towards the unscripted ones the most.  Let the Year of Cruisin’ begin!

As always thanks for stopping by.  Until next time.

Josh

YouTube: Rowley’s Adventure Diaries
Instagram: @rowleysadventurediaries

FaceBook: Rowley’s Adventure Diaries




No comments:

Post a Comment