Monday, January 9, 2017

Credit Where Credit Is Due

Happy New Year Everyone!

With a new year ahead of us, it brings us new us new adventures.  We have some fun and exciting adventures planned for this year and can’t wait to share them with you.  We are also excited to share some of our older adventures that we did not get to last year, since I was slow to start this blog.  

So, lets get into it.  

If you know me, or my family for that matter, you would know that the outdoors has played a huge part of my life.  As far back as I can remember, we have been exploring the great outdoors.  We have so many awesome stories that would could probably write a book, but many of them you would shake your head at and say “thats not real”.  Let me reassure you they are true.  Maybe one day I’ll share them with you, but for now it will remain a mystery.  What started out as simply camping with family and close friends has exploded into so much more.

I don’t want to date myself. But! Long before YouTube and social media.  About the time that the internet was starting to take off.  A spark of an idea had been lit in our heads.  We used to watch a lot of motorcycle and Jeeping videos and thought to ourselves “Why can’t we do this”.  We usually filmed the things we did so it seemed logical to use to share it.  But like I said, this was pre-YouTube so getting our content out there was difficult.  We eventually came up with a name for our group and some ideas.  Unfortunately it never got out of the planning stages and fell to the waste side.

The spark never really went away.  Over a year ago, my brother decided to start it up again.  He put in a lot of time and effort into coming up with ideas for spreading our love for the outdoors.  In December of 2015 Route to Adventure debuted.  With “Launch Day! Here We Go” being there first post explaining a little background about them and what to expect.  They post awesome content bi-weekly.  They are based in the Western U.S.  So you get a lot of stories out of Utah, California and all those other Western States.  

I would like to say that this blog was my idea, but I followed those that came before.  If you like my content or even if you don’t.  Make sure you stop by routetoadventure.com or checkout their YouTube channel.  You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for stopping by. Until next time.


      Josh


No comments:

Post a Comment